Every Day Life - Transportation
Transportation: With so many forms of convenient and free transportation options, there is no need to have a car on campus. Did you know that 41% of Tech students and employees take advantage of clean commute programs? By utilizing forms of public and zero emission transportation you can easily reduce your carbon footprint because according to the EPA, 27% of greenhouse gas emissions in the US are linked to transportation.
1. Ride a bike on, to and from campus.
Bike parking on campus is free and there are many convenient places to park. A central parking location is located right outside Clough but there are also parking spots at almost every major building on campus.
Don’t own a bike? Rent one for the semester from Buzz Bikes!
Starter Bikes provides the community and students with entry level and in-expensive bikes that have been refurbished. They are open 4-6 pm on Fridays located on the bottom level of the CRC parking deck.
Don’t forget your lock!
2. Ride Tech’s busses and trollies.
- There are three bus routes on campus and two trolley routes depending on the time of day. These run frequently throughout the day with convenient stops and can be tracked with the MyNextBus App.
- Did you know that the GT Trolley goes all the way to the Midtown MARTA station? This allows you to access any place in Atlanta using public transportation!
3. Use the Stingerette Nighttime Service if you are traveling after 6pm.
- The Stingerette runs every day from 6 pm - 7 am and will pick you up at any location on campus and drop you off at another location on campus. This is a safe and fast alternative to walking back to your dorm or apartment late at night.
4. Carpool with a friend.
- Carpool permits are available to students, faculty, and staff for all locations on campus at a lower price than the regular annual parking pass.
- Zimride is an option for carpooling on campus. It allows you to carpool with other members of the Tech community through your Buzzport account.
Challenge yourself every day:
Create zero waste for the day
Eat healthily and locally
Walk, ride a bike, or take public transportation