At Georgia Tech, we know the impact our students, faculty, and staff make to our campus, Institute, and community is game-changing. In recognition of those impacts, and the importance of sustainability as a core value and principle in the new Institute Strategic Plan, the Office of Campus Sustainability and partners seek to recognize the contributions of the campus community demonstrating sustainability in action.
Sustainability Student Champion Award
The Sustainability Student Champion Award recognizes a student who demonstrates sustainability leadership with a lasting impact on campus culture and institutional sustainability progress. A Sustainability Student Champion leads by example through inspiration, action, and achievement of sustainability goals.
The winner will receive the following recognition as a contribution of their sustainability leadership:
- Recognition by executive leadership at an Earth Week Celebration event on Monday, April 19th
- Achievements posted on OCS’s website, social media and campus newsletters
Sustainability Student Champion Award impact criteria include:
- Efforts with institutional-level change initiatives
- Amplifying impact of sustainability on campus or to peers
- Exhibit service to the Georgia Tech community and beyond
- Projects with a lasting contribution
- Leadership in sustainability-related student organizations or advocacy groups
- Cultivate opportunities to advance the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Nomination and Application Process
All applicants must meet the following guidelines to be considered:
- Nominees must be a current Georgia Tech graduate or undergraduate student in good standing and have completed at least one full semester at Tech.
- Nominations and self-nominations are accepted.
- The applicant or nominator must complete the application by 11:59 PM April 9, 2021.
Office of Campus Sustainability